We are always interested in acquiring rare books and first editions of comparable quality to the ones we list on our website. We buy individual books, whole collections as well as complete libraries. We will offer a fair price and pay promptly. We will not pay for books until we have examined them. We require a bill of sale and assurances of right to sell.
Herman Melville first editions in wrappers, including odd volumes.
For every item we need:
- the author’s name
- the title exactly as it appears on the printed title-page (inside the book, not on the front cover)
- edition number if stated
- the place of publication, name of the publisher, and date if any (if no date, the copyright date on the copyright page)
- the binding (leather, boards, cloth, dust jacket, etc.)
- any major defects (torn leaves, stains, broken joints, etc.)
- if part of a set, how many volumes you have
Please feel free to send photographs, but keep combined attachments to less than 3MB per message. (Our email server bounces messages over this size.) Please don't crop the pictures – we need to see the edges. Our eyes are also not as sharp as a hawk's, so please make sure they are "sharp!"
We regret we cannot offer valuations by email. We are happy to offer free valuation of books that are brought to our shop during our regular business hours.
When you will hear from us
Due to the high volume of email we receive each day, we cannot always reply to every offer. If you have not heard from us within 7 days, you can assume we are not interested in purchasing your book. We will always respond by email.